Electronic waste or E-waste is simply refers to those electrical products who has been outdated or unused because of the introduction of new technology or demand of the new products like computers, monitors, printers, fax machine, photo copy machines, scanners, mobile phones, televisions etc.
It refers to those electronic products that have been thrown into the crash because of being unused or outdated and there is no reuse or recycle is done. This can lead to an adverse human health hazardous or environmental pollution. Electronically scrap products contain many harmful components like lead, aluminum etc. which is really bad for health.
As well as the population of India is increasing day by day, the electrical trash are also increasing, that’s why the management of e-waste is really important these days. To meet this challenge, many programs regarding e-waste management are running by the government so that it can be reused or recycled and the quantity of e-waste could be reduced.
E-waste management is important in many ways. It contains tiny quantities of rich sources like gold, iron etc which can be recovered from them. It has many advantages like:
• It makes them usable. A person has nothing to do with this all stuff which is accumulated in his house either he throws the unusable stuff or choose something usable stuff from it and throws the rest. However the wise idea would be to give them to garbage collectors to recycle them.
• The e-waste contains many harmful chemicals like lead, aluminum, lithium etc. and if this e-waste thrown into plants or trees, it can be harmful to them.
• E-waste contains a no. of valuable materials like gold, copper, iron etc. so it’s easy to recover them.
• E-waste management is environment friendly as it converts the unusable product to usable.
• By doing e-waste management, we can re use the product which reduces the exploitation of natural resources as it saves them.
Thus the e-waste management is really necessary as there is tons of e-waste present in country. It is the duty of every individual to take care of e-waste management.