Our generation is getting to the world where everything is compact and fast, this is why things are getting tiny, powerful and faster. Paper Battery is an ultra thin energy stored battery, which is environment friendly and made of carbon nano tubes and paper. It can be used as high capacity battery also. As it is made of carbon Nano Tubes it is called as Nano Composite Paper.
It works similar like all the normal chemical batteries but normal chemical batteries can get corroded and they might need large area to be placed, but paper batteries isn’t similar in this way, they don’t catch corrosion, there is less chance of leakage because paper batteries are non-toxic, it is light weight and it doesn’t take much place.
There are some problems faced by all the common used batteries like Electro-Chemical batteries:
- Lifetime is limited: The primary batteries, which we use in our daily life, are not rechargeable, some may be rechargeable but their life gets short and they might get damaged very early.
- Environmental Damage: Extra use of batteries can result in producing many types of environment harming pollutions like toxics metal etc.
- Releasing of harmful chemicals: Leakage of batteries is problem because it can damage environment and to nearby metal which are in contact with these batteries.
Here is how paper batteries can be constructed:
• Take a Xerox paper in rectangular shape.
• Coat the surface with ionic solution.
• Spread the specially prepared nanotubes ink on the ionic coated Xerox paper.
• The opposite side of the Xerox paper is coated with a thin film of lithium.
• The current between the 2 electrodes will be transferred by Aluminium rods.
The metal or lithium is used as the anode and carbon nanotubes are used as cathode, the paper or cellulose is used as a separator. Electrolyte and carbon will create a chemical reaction, and then ions are generated. This is how paper batteries works and there are many advantages of paper battery, which draws everyone’s attention.