Wearable computing technology is a term that refers for those entire computer devices and equipment that can be easily worn by the users which also includes clothing, watches, glasses, shoes as well as similar items. These devices have the ability to range from providing very specific, limited features such as heart rate monitoring.
The wearable computing is that kind of the computer that has been subsumed into the personal space of the user as well as controlled by the user along with both operational and interactional constancy. It is always on and always accessible. It is the device by which the user has the ability to enter command along with at the time of walking around or doing other kinds of activities as this technology is always with the user.
It is a computer device which is small and light enough in order to be worn on one’s body without any kind of discomfort. This wearable computer is simply turned on and can interact with the real world risk unlike other laptops or palmtops.
Components of Wearable Computer
- Input Device: In the most suited input device, speech recognition can appear but it cannot be preferred in various kinds of applications as well as environments because of the privacy and performance issues. Gesture input devices are beneficial for many reasons such as it is simple, compact as well as optimized for wearable use as these devices always receive inputs from the natural gestures.
- Output Devices: The output devices of any wearable computing technology could be a head mounted display unit along with an earpiece. It can be only the earpiece for the purpose of some applications. The HMD is responsible for providing an image floating in the air in front of you like an ordinary monitor as it uses LCD or TFT technology.
- Networks: In reference to a wearable computer, there are two different types of networks in which one is to connect the device to the external world while the other one is to interconnect the several components the later one being new for wearable computers.
- Rational Details: There are many common questions that would arise in someone new to wearable computer technology such as the way to operate the computer, sorting of computer, reason to use them as input and output etc and all answers of these questions have been given in it.
- Software:Wear comp OS is the operating system which is commonly used in the wearable computer technology. Along with this, Red as well as GNU Linux can be run in close coordination with such operating system too.