Students of Electronics and Communication Department of Arya College can perform under-mentioned real-time projects as their college assignments or work assignments.
- Density Based Traffic Signal with Remote Override in Emergency – Now a day’s traffic jam is the biggest problem mainly in the metro cities. This project is designed to develop a density based operation of the traffic signal lights to avoid unnecessary waiting time at the junction.
It also has remote override facility for emergency vehicles to avail its way through in any desired way.
- Wireless Power Transfer in 3D Space – Wireless power transfer means transmitting the electrical energy without using the wires. Certain areas dealing with explosives or hazardous material, it is advisable to use the wireless power transfer method for their electrical power requirement.
It works on the principle of the high frequency mutual coupling between the two inductive coils. The main objective of this project is to develop a system of wireless power transfer in 3D space.
- Remotely Controlled Android Based Electronic Notice Board – Electronic displays are used these days to display relevant information in a public place. It could be scrolling / moving message or fixed displays in areas like railway stations, banks, public offices, etc.
Notice Boards used in the institution / organization or public utility places require sticking of the various notices day-to-day. This project deals about an advanced hi-tech wireless notice board. This project is implemented to display the information on an LCD display using android based mobile.
- Ultra Fast Acting Electronic Circuit Breaker – With the use of conventional circuit breakers based on the thermal tripping mechanism gives a slow response to the overload since these depend upon the time duration of the over load.
The concept of electronic circuit breaker overcomes the difficulties by use of current sensing in contrast to thermal based circuit breakers.
- Automatic Irrigation System on Sensing Soil Moisture Content – Automatic irrigation system reduces the effort of the farmers in regular switching of the pumps to pour out the water to the fields by observing the condition of the soil.
The sensing of the soil moisture content is based on the closed path of current flow in the motor circuit. If the soil is wet current starts flows in the motor and while it is dry it offers high impedance to the current flow so the motor stops.
- Cyclo Converter using Thyristors – Cyclo converter is an AC-AC converter which changes the frequency from one level to the other. These may be single or three phase converters based on the load or motor employed.
Frequency control to get the variable speed of induction motor gives the better performance than using only voltage control by AC regulator circuit. This circuit is implemented to get speeds at three different frequencies i.e., the fundamental (F), half (F/2) and one third (F/3) frequencies.