Most of the students believe at the time of joining in an electronic engineering course that they would be able to repair any kind of electronic device by the end of the course. But in real life they find that there is no engineering institution in India which provides end to end training in developing the computer, laptop or television or any other electronic device.
The engineering subjects are all about mostly theory with little bit practical and its reality comes to know by many engineering students until they enter into the real work.
Students learn about the reality by the end of second year and most of them are not able to digest the reality of subjects due to least practical. By the end of the 3rd year, they are in a state of confusion about their career path as they do not know the significance of subjects in real life.
After engineering, we find it quite normal that most of the electronic engineer student start working in computer based job and many of them are not aware about the basics of computer or television working. And when their laptop or computer does not work, they have to take them to the repair shop.
Here are few points of Expectation Vs Reality of the budding engineers:
- Thinking of most of ECE aspirants that life may be a little bit easier after enrolling for streams other than Mechanical Engineering but mind you! You will have no fun time in college and no freedom at all, just focus on the study, dude.
- You think that math is only about numbers! Well! All ECE aspirants have to re-think for a while as from now, mat will also going to include English alphabets, Greek alphabets, and graphs and paragraphs etc which have been a nightmare for you since a long time.
- Attention! Attention! Attention! All ECE students must note that they are going to learn principles and theory which will definitely no use in your practical lives.
- Just clear one misconception that engineering collage is all about bunking lectures, parties and a happening social life as in real life you will find that you are going to deal with heavy work load, assignment submissions and frequent exams.
- It is not about crazy machines! Well! In your final exams, may be you get something like “Working model of a volcano”.